Hi everyone! As always I'm starting this post with a huge thank-you to everyone for such great support. We're all so thrilled to be working on this product and can't wait to get it into your hands!
This is a big update as it addresses the ergonomic improvements we have made to the rower. A lot of you raised concerns about the foot position on our prototype rower, and you were right. From day #1 of this campaign we acknowledged that there were improvements needed in the final version, so, here they are!
Some important notes:
- While there are some improvements, this is basically just a strengthened version of our prototype but with feet
- Every improvement has been outlined from the beginning of the campaign in our prototype notes, no surprises or changes from the original objectives of this campaign
- Overall dimensions remain unchanged
- Folded dimensions remain unchanged, it still packs down just as small as before (actually slightly more efficiently) and easily fits in a suitcase.
- There is no change to our manufacturing timeline, this is simply the normal process of refinement in our prototype design (the "engineering" phase) as outlined in our production and delivery schedule.
- Most kickstarter projects don't get to this phase until after the campaign, but you're seeing this now as we green-lit engineering and production 6 weeks ahead of time.
The production model now has:
- Raised and lengthened the track. The foot plates are now located below the hips and ergonomics have been improved
Added non-slip feet (the previous version had non slip on the base, but this new version will perform slightly better on all flooring surfaces)
- Wobble in the track and the pedestal mount under high intensity loads has been eliminated
- Improved the method of attachment between the base unit and the pedestal (no more screw holding it in place)
- Seat may be locked in place to accommodate different styles of paddling and adaptive users
- Foot straps are longer
- Faster setup and disassembly with quick connects, no small parts to lose
Easy snap down tension setting for solid rail feel and structural rigidity
- Flatter, padded seat
- The rowing unit still packs down just as small as before (actually slightly more efficiently) and will easily fit in a suitcase.
CAD model of the new rower seen from the front
CAD model of the new rower seen from the side